1) What problem did Leonardo da Vinci, Winston Churchill, Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison and General George Patton have in common?
2) What was the first living creature ever ejected from a supersonic aircraft?
3) What did Hyman Lipman do in 1858 that made life easier for students?
4) How old was Charles Lindbergh when he first flew solo across the Atlantic?
5) Who wrote God Bless America?
That is an example of some general trivia. Perhaps you were able to answer some or all of the questions. Maybe you weren’t able to answer any.
Does it matter?
The questions might be interesting but have no bearing on eternal things.
The Bible says in Hos 4:6 – My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
The knowledge He is talking about is not generalized trivia but knowledge of Him.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim 2:3-4
The knowledge of His love, grace, mercy, forgiveness, and eternal life.
Sad to say, the Bible also reveals that many did not like to retain God in their knowledge (Rom 1:28). God will release them to a debased mind and lifestyle.
Trivial knowledge may win you a radio contest but true knowledge of God can guarantee everlasting life.
Try this quiz and see how you do.
1) Who is the Way, Truth, and Life? (John 14:6)
2) What Name is given to mankind for salvation? (Acts 4:12)
3) Who must be confessed with the mouth? (Romans 10:9)
4) Who is the resurrection and the life? (John 11:25)
5) Who is the Mediator between God and you? (Titus 2:5)
Answers to all of the above: JESUS