Then David put his hand in his bag and took out a stone; and he slung it and struck the Philistine in his forehead, so that the stone sank into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the earth. 1 Samuel 17:49
David gives a great example of how to resolve a big problem.
1. First is faith. David had the faith and believed God would help him overcome Goliath.
2. David used what he knew. He did not allow Saul’s armor or weapons to stay with him. David was accustomed to a simple garment and a sling.
3. He chose five smooth stones as ammunition for his sling. This isn’t overkill or lack of faith. Goliath had four sons. (2 Sam 21:22)
4. Though not specifically mentioned in scripture, David could not have such faith without prayer.
5. David followed through. He did not boast great claims and cower into the background. He went forward in the name of the Lord.
6. David completed the task. He did not leave it do a stone to the head. When Goliath fell David took the giant’s sword and finished the job.
In review, David teaches you to use faith, the right tools, sufficient supplies, prayer, follow through, and to complete the task. Do this and your big problems fall at your feet.